Thursday, September 10, 2009

Exciting News

"You know, Garrett," you say, "I wish I could read your way-out crazy horror, pulp and Bizarro books for cheap, not having to log on Amazon and keep track of release dates and also be part of an elite cadre of awesome superfans."

A month ago, I would have told you suicide was the only answer to the quandary, but things are changing, moving faster and it's time for me to keep up with them. That's why I've started The Spectacular Seven Neopulp Expressionist Funclub. A book club, a fan club and a team of ultra-special junior space rangers rolled into one. For twenty five dollars plus ten dollars for shipping, you get: a copy of Life During Wartime (info here: http://www.evilnerdempire.com/propaganda.htm), a copy of Archelon Ranch (info here: http://www.legumeman.com/archelon%20ranch.html) , and a preorder for my upcoming book, Jimmy Plush, Teddy Bear Detective...from Eraserhead Press!

Here's what's on the back cover of that one (which is of course, the supreme arbiter of content and literary merit):

"In a city ridden with prostitute furries, cannibal cops and warehouse-sized mob bosses, I've got my work cut out for me. My name is Jimmy Plush. I'm a private detective. I'm also a teddy bear. It all started when the original Jimmy Plush entered my life, offering to take my gambling debts away if I agreed to switch bodies with him. But I didn't know that being a three-foot-high plush toy would be such a living hell, especially now that everyone in town wants a piece of me. All I've gotten out of this deal is a faithful Chinese chauffeur, a custom teddybear .45, and a girlfriend who won't take off the fox suit she turns tricks in. Now I've got to keep this town clean and try to track down the real Jimmy Plush without losing my stuffing for good. Only one thing is for sure: Life is hard when you're soft.

Jimmy Plush, Teddy Bear Detective is a high octane pulp satire. In the tradition of Sam Spade, The Shadow, Dick Tracy, Hellboy and Howard the Duck comes a new kind of hero, a hero that reminds us that the measure of a man is in his guts and his gun."

You can get this preordered through the Funclub or you could buy individual preorders for $10. There is also a $20 preorder that gets you a special signed edition with a free gift and a ticket for a raffle to win your very own cuddly but deadly stuffed Jimmy Plush. There are only twenty of the special editions available, so you might want to act fast.

You can buy any of these things by clicking on the Paypal button that corresponds to it. It's easy and fun. Especially if you're one of those people who is mesmerized by buttons.

No comments: